Involvement fair draws new, interested crowd

On September 11, 12 and 13, students and faculty gathered to attend the Fall Involvement Fair. The fair was held outside of the Markee Pioneer Student Center with only one rainy day moving the fair inside. Over 60 different student organizations attended, from the Greek community to the rugby team. The event was hosted by the Pioneer Involvement Center, and was organized by PIC staff member Quincy Bufkin.
“It helped me learn about the different clubs and organizations on campus,” said Shelby Swanson, freshman media studies major. The Involvement Fair is beneficial for all students. Swanson attended the fair to learn about different organizations. She even joined the dodgeball club: “I want to get involved and meet people.”
The Involvement Fair allows organizations such as Campus Programming and Relations to get their name out and to inform students to like their Facebook page. Clubs have been creating new Facebook pages in order for the students to hear about events and meetings that are occurring around campus in an easy and highly effective way.
“The Involvement Fair is a great way to give an extra boost to the organization,” says Kayla Bradley, senior criminal justice major. Bradley has been with the CPR for three years and enjoys the freedom in creativity that CPR allows her.
Students that attended the fair to discover new organizations held an overall feeling that it was beneficial.
“The fair helped me because I’m a transfer, so I think getting involved would be good,” said junior business major Joe Kelly. “I liked that the fair showed me what the school has to offer besides sports.” Although Kelly did not join any clubs at this time, he plans to do so in the future.
Many of the organizations can be found through each club’s Facebook page or through uwplatt.edu.