Culver’s burns down, cause unknown

The+damages+to+Culver%E2%80%99s+restaurant+at+375+Highway+151+in+Platteville+exceed+%24500%2C000.+The++restaurant+is+a+total+loss%2C+according+to+Platteville+Fire+Chief+David+Izzard.+Firefighters+were+sent+to+the+location+at+4%3A25+a.m.+after+a+caller+reported+seeing+black+smoke+coming++from+the+restaurant.+Firefighters+were+putting+out+remnants+of+the+fire+Saturday+morning.++As+they+were+doing+so%2C+parts+of+Business+Highway+151+were+closed+to+traffic.+
Colten Bartholomew
The damages to Culver’s restaurant at 375 Highway 151 in Platteville exceed $500,000. The restaurant is a total loss, according to Platteville Fire Chief David Izzard. Firefighters were sent to the location at 4:25 a.m. after a caller reported seeing black smoke coming from the restaurant. Firefighters were putting out remnants of the fire Saturday morning. As they were doing so, parts of Business Highway 151 were closed to traffic.

A fire in the early morning of Nov. 16 at the Culver’s restaurant at 375 Highway 151 in Platteville caused at least $500,000 worth of damage.

No one was hurt in the fire. The cause of the blaze has not yet been determined, according to Platteville Fire Chief David Izzard. The restaurant is a total loss, according to a statement Izzard made to the Dubuque Telegraph Herald.

Firefighters were sent to the location at 4:25 a.m. that morning, after a caller reported black smoke coming from the building. All of the doors of the restaurant were locked, and it took 60 firefighters working in shifts to gain access to the building and put out the fire, Izzard wrote in a press release.

Platteville firefighters had the fire stopped by 10 a.m. and were working on other hot spots in the debris until around noon.

Parts of Highway 151 were closed while firefighters had hoses across the road to help in the extinguishing effort.