Sportsmen’s Club offers trap shooting, pheasant hunting among outdoor activities

The University of Wisconsin-Platteville now offers a club for those that love the outdoors. The Sportsmen’s Club is open to anyone that enjoys outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing or shooting trap.
Club president Chase Dallmann said the Sportsmen’s Club gives people a chance to meet new people and try new things.
“The club was a great opportunity for me to meet other people who go to UW-Platteville who enjoy the outdoors,” Dallmann said.
“I enjoy shooting trap every Thursday. Finally, it gave me a chance to travel to Texas to shoot trap at Nationals–something I never expected to do when I first came to this school,” he said.
The club shoots trap in Cassville and club members also go on several pheasant hunts throughout the year.
Members of the club expressed a sense of belonging when talking about their experiences with the club.
“I would recommend the Sportsmen’s Club to others because it entails a variety of activities including, but not limited to, archery and hunting of many types, all the way to pistols,” club member Jerome Bertrand said. “So, there is something for all tastes.”
The club gives people who share a love for outdoor activities a chance to get together and talk about what is going on with their sports.
The Sportsmen’s Club meets every other Tuesday in the Engineering Hall Room 107 at 7 p.m. They can also be contacted on their page on PioneerLink or by contacting Dallmann or advisor Mike Dalecki at (608) 342-1807.