Electronic cigarettes help alleviate stress for mankind and machines alike

Looking at the clock in the office and it informs you that it is 3:30 pm  and your cubicle has begun to close in on you. Five supervisors have come through periodically  asking for the same report with the same corrections. You are a part of the 19 percent of Americans who use tobacco, you really need a smoke and now so does your computer.

Electronic cigarette manufacturer Blu has shaken up both worlds of its product’s namesake when they partnered with veteran computer manufacture Hewlett Packard. The partnership has bridged the gap between human and machine as both now rely on their respective vices.

HP’s breakthrough has increased the productivity of both the machines and their users. Developed over the past two years HP’s revolutionary package software increases the amount of random access memory (RAM) that the computer has available by sending a package to the machine that must be “unpacked” or extract  the contents of the package. The more packages sent to a computer, the longer and more often the computer requires a package to be sent.

On every electronic cigarette package there is a code to be entered on HP’s website that allows for the sending of the specialized package to source computer. Blu’s codes are worth ten unique packages afterwards the customer must buy another Blu product.

While many would see this partnership as condoning smoking, the companies maintain that it is still entirely optional. “We are not forcing anyone to partake in tobacco or buy a HP computer” said an HP spokesman.

Anti-smoking activists disagree.

Action on Smoking and Health, an American anti-tobacco group was outspoken on HP and Blu’s program. “It isn’t right to encourage smoking by promising better performance and productivity. Teenagers and businessmen alike are now being coerced to subject themselves to the hazards of tobacco”, said an ASH spokesman.

As the program catches on so has HP and Blu products. HP has seen a fifteen point rise since its announcement of the program in December 2012,  and Blu has reported empty shelves in drug stores and gas stations as customers are eager to free up memory without restarting.

UW-Platteville has taken notice and are planning on bu and Blu has reported empty shelves in drug stores and gas stations as customers are eager to free up memory without restarting.

UW-Platteville has taken notice and are planning on buying more HP computers and Blu products. “If we can increase student productivity on campus, I think we should”, said Chancellor Dennis Shields. “We will be including Blu products in all orientation bags and encourage students to buy HP products so they can take advantage of the HP breakthrough…It’s really the only responsible course of action.”

Despite minor uproars across the nation, one thing is certain, computers and users alike will be taking more “smoke” breaks.