“Goncharov” Movie Review: The Greatest Mafia Movie Ever Made👌💯🤣‼

Courtesy of Alex Korotchuk

Award-winning director Martin Scorsese’s hit film “Goncharov,” created in 1973, is without a doubt the greatest mafia movie ever made. Boasting a powerful cast that includes Robert de Niro, Al Pacino, Cybill Shepherd and several other notable faces, the film’s quality sets a new standard for its genre.
With riveting dialog, story and characters, it’s a shame that the film fell into production troubles and never got the blockbuster release it deserved, fading into relative obscurity.
“I made that film years ago,” Scorsese comments, noting the recent buzz surrounding the movie. Many people, die-hard Scorsese fans included, have yet to watch “Goncharov,” missing out on what may be some of the director’s best work.
Taking place in Naples around the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the film follows the titular character Goncharov, played by Robert de Niro, as his history as an assassin collides with his love life in a dynamic, objectively stellar narrative.
Diving deep into the relationships and histories of its fantastic ensemble of characters, “Goncharov” presents an unparalleled take on the mafia genre, bringing viewers on an unforgettable ride filled with drama, emotion and betrayal.
For fans of Scorsese’s work or for moviegoers seeking out a riveting experience like nothing they’ve ever known, “Goncharov” is the absolute, definitive film to watch. Those who have not yet seen the movie should look it up online, as the film’s troubled production and disheveled release tossed it from the public eye far earlier than it ever deserved.
Rating: Everyone needs to see this movie, go look it up/10