Org. of the Week: Black Student Union

What is it?
Black Student Union is an organization dedicated to the unification and empowerment of African American students on our campus and in the surrounding community. We seek to create a space equipped with both the academic and non-academic resources necessary for scholars and leaders in our community to succeed. We place special emphasis on the prioritization of mental health, celebration of community excellence, and the unwavering acceptance of one’s cultural identity or intersectionality. Our effort toward collective progress is made through various educational, recreational and culturally enriching events, activities and programs.
Who can join?
Any and all are welcome. While we are committed to the journey and support of African American and other students from the diaspora, we extend ourselves, our resources and our community to all as a show of solidarity.

Upcoming Events
Radical Gratitude Letters
A campus-wide prompt to all to share what they are thankful for with special emphasis on those helping them through their collegiate journey. Submissions are to be accepted via email and the google form can be found in the bio of our social media pages. All appropriate entries will be created into a post for us to share throughout the month leading up to Thanksgiving.
Meetings
11/6 Silent Library General Meeting
We often have small fun meeting to break from serious topics so this meeting will be devoted to replicating the hilarious MTV Tv series Silent Library.
Note from the president
This organization is much more about our dedication to each other, our success and enjoyment than it is about the events we produce. We value any and every chance to educate and advocate but at our root, we are a community.