Org. of the Week: SWCS

Photo courtesy of Agronomy-SWCS Club

What is it?
The Agronomy-Soil and Water Conservation Club promotes professional development in agronomy and the conservation of soil and water resources. Through this organization we are able to network with professionals in the field of agriculture, attend agronomy related conferences, job and internship opportunities, gain knowledge about current issues, as well as attend fun social events throughout the semester. We are affiliated with two national organizations, SASES and SWCS. We are also affiliated with the Collegiate Crops Judging Team and Collegiate Soils Judging Team, which you can choose to compete in.
Who can join?
This club is open to anyone wanting to learn about agronomy, in an agriculture/conservation field of study, or many just wants to hang out with some environmental and agricultural students. Anyone can join!
Meetings: 
Our meetings are the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in Russell 127. We will be having our biweekly meeting with a guest speaker: Annika Merkins from R.D Offutt Farms. The following meeting are Nov. 29 and Dec. 13 in Russell 127 at 6:00 p.m.
Note from President:
I am very happy with the continuing increase in numbers and support in our club. It is a great club for professional development and networking within the world of agriculture. I am happy to see students from all different majors attend our meetings and events. I have made many friends through this club and has helped me increase my leadership and management skills. We are a very easy-going organization and accepting to all members. Thank you!