Blurb of the Week: “Loveless”

Image courtesy of Amazon
Image courtesy of Amazon

Alice Osemon’s book, “Loveless,” is a heartfelt and resonant exploration of self-discovery and the complexities of relationships. The novel follows the journey of its protagonist, Georgia, as she navigates the challenges of university life and comes to terms with her asexuality.
The characters in the novel are well-developed and relatable. Georgia is a likable and genuine protagonist whose journey of self-discovery is both relatable and inspiring. The supporting cast adds depth to the story, each character contributing to the narrative in meaningful ways.
With that being said, the plot was very predictable in the sense that the reader can almost tell what is going to happen within the next chapter; however, readers who are reading for what the book focuses on- Georgia’s asexuality and coming to terms with it- would not be disappointed.
Readers who look at the book as anything more than a fun and informational narrative about a queer individual might have a hard time understanding why the book was so popular last year as the story itself beyond the queerness- is a bit bland. Oseman had a good idea and executed it beautifully; however, the story beyond the queer persona could have been worked on.
Rating: 9/10