Org. of the Week: Platteville Gaming Association

Image courtesy of PioneerLink
Image courtesy of PioneerLink

What is it?

The Platteville Gaming Association is the campus board game club. We’ve been around for over 40 years, providing a space for people to get together and share an interest in gaming of any sort. The club has a library of over 100 board games we bring to meetings available for members to borrow, resources for tabletop RPGs and a Discord server for members to communicate and organize gaming sessions.

Who can join?

We’re open to anyone with an interest in gaming of any sort. Those interested can join our Discord server at discord.gg/plattevillegaming.

Upcoming Events: This Spring, from February 23-25, PGA is hosting Plattecon 37: The Glitch. This is our annual gaming convention held in Ullsvik Hall, where we hold events and tournaments, invite vendors from around the area to sell their goods, and we bring the entire club library for people to try out. More Plattecon information can be found at www.plattecon.com.

Meetings: Meetings are held in the Markee every Thursday at 6 p.m. by the Pioneer Haus, and every Saturday at noon in the Bear’s Den conference room, before we head down to Pioneer Haus at about 12:30 p.m.

Note from President
This org is a great place to let off steam and enjoy spending time with similarly minded people on campus. This is my third year being a part of this club, and in that time, I’ve met some of my closest friends here. I’m eternally grateful for the bonds I’ve formed at PGA.