Org. of the Week: Music Production Club

image courtesy of MPC

What is it?:

The MPC is a group of students that make music digitally, from pop to EDM to hip-hop and beyond. Collaboration is a major key in any form of music creation and that is exactly what this organization enables. Here you can find inspiration, new ideas, like-minded people and a community of music makers.

Who can join?

Rap producer? EDM artist? Future-bass fanatic? Just want to learn how? All genres and all experience levels (including no experience at all) are welcome! The club is made up of experienced producers and rookies alike: no matter how long you’ve been making music, there is something new for you to learn.

Upcoming Events:

This semester, Cyber Spring is on April 27 at the Ticket Bar and Grill in Platteville, WI.

When are our meetings?

The club meets one evening a week. Meetings can consist of showing each other things we’ve worked on, teaching new techniques, or music making challenges. Hanging out with a group of other music producers offers a chance to hear something new and will push you to make even more fire music!

Note from president:

MPC is an amazing club perfect for anyone with an interest in music! I like to think of the club as a community of friends who simply share a love for music. Meetings are very laid back and casual. Spring semester usually gets a bit busier because every spring MPC hosts our annual fundrasing event called Cyber Spring. Cyber Spring is a rave/concert hosted by the MPC right here in Platteville. It is the perfect opportunity for students to be involved in managing a concert and even performing their music in a real concert environment.