First Stand Up Saturday of year

Campus Programming and Relations held the first Stand Up event for the year Saturday night in the Pioneer Crossing of the Markee Pioneer Student Center.

Comedian Jessi Campbell performed her many jokes for over 200 Platteville students and friends. She is well-known for her charismatic personality and inviting humor, making her one of the most in-demand college comedians. Jessi’s accomplishments have led her as a finalist on CMT’s “Next Big Comic” and her hilarious jokes can also be seen in Life and Style Magazine.

Before the laughter began, Catering Services presented free bacon for all to enjoy.

“Bacon and a comedian, I’m pretty sure nothing could get better,” said Grace Yorton, senior business administration major.

The night started out with the many unique acts from Campbell that brought in a larger crowd as time went on.

“She was hilarious,” said Kate Hill, senior business administration major. “It got to the point where it hurt to laugh because I was laughing so hard.”

Campbell’s jokes included why she is not a vegetarian, fear of sharks and drive thru windows.

“I thought she was awesome,” said Jess Lininger, senior industrial technology management major. “She wasn’t afraid to make fun of herself when most people are.”

The successful performance ended with continued discussions about Campbell’s quips far after the event ended. This was a night to remember for the attending students.