Annual Rainbow Rave Drag Show

The UW-Platteville Alliance held their annual Rainbow Rave in Ullsvik Hall at 7 p.m on Nov. 4. The event is always a fan favorite and features drag performers across the Midwest.
The event featured six drag queens and two drag kings with intermission entertainment provided by UW-Platteville’s Fusion X dance team.
The drag queen performers were Auntie Heroine who hosted the event, Shannon Dupree, Nemo Drag, Rustina Phoenix Nutts, Julez Madison and Chandra Armani.
The drag kings were Montell Infiniti-Ross, who also hosted the event, and UW Platteville Alumni Zavie A. Diamond.
From the time the doors opened, the room was buzzing with excitement. “I have been a competitive dancer for years and this is the most enthusiastic crowd I’ve ever performed for,” Olivia Kurth, a Fusion X dancer said.
The Rainbow Rave draws in many students, alumni and community members alike for a night of fun and a celebration of differences. Senior Psychology major Ian Kendrick remarked, “This is an event that makes everyone feel comfortable, seen and heard.”
“It is so important to give people different perspectives,” Kendrick continued, “And whether that be different interests, different ways to express love or express yourself, it is so important to break free from what we might think of as the ‘norm’ and experience the world as it actually is.”
The Alliance went above and beyond to create this safe space for students to explore the world of drag. “This was my first time and as soon as I walked in, I just felt so welcome,” Alexis Taylor, a UW-Platteville alumni said.
Audience members and performers glowed the entire night as they danced, sang and celebrated together. “This event means so much because it is a time where we can all come together and appreciate art.” Alyssa Dosemagen, a Forensic Investigation and Biology major said.
The Alliance meetings are held every Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Doyle Center, Warner Hall 136, and will have other events throughout the year. The 14th annual Rainbow Rave will occur next year.