Obituary: Kristina Marie Navarro-Krupka

Image courtesy of WIAC

Kristina Marie Navarro-Krupka passed away on Nov. 18 from natural causes. Navarro-Krupka was the Athletic Director and Assistant Chancellor for UW-Platteville and was remembered as a caring and supportive figure on campus.
In a campus-wide email, the UW-Platteville Chancellor’s Office released the statement that Chancellor Tammy Evetovich made the morning after her passing. The media statement read, “Athletic Director and Assistant Chancellor Dr. Kristina Navarro-Krupka’s unexpected passing during pregnancy fills us with both shock and sadness. She was an enthusiastic champion for the entire University of Wisconsin-Platteville, especially our student-athletes, coaches and athletic staff. I offer my condolences to her husband Nick, her family, her friends and the many, many people she impacted during her time at UW-Platteville. She will be greatly missed. Funeral arrangements are forthcoming.”
According to the official obituary from Gunderson Funeral and Cremation center, ‘‘Kristina was a distinguished scholar with many publications and held a chair position for numerous organizations, including the Executive Leadership Team AERA Research Focus on Education and Sport, Women Leaders in College Sport Student-Athlete Development, and the NASPA Committee on Student-Athlete Welfare.’’
She was also involved in leadership positions within multiple athletic departments in Wisconsin, Oklahoma, North Carolina and New Jersey.
A Mass service was held for Navarro Krupka on Nov. 27, followed by the burial service.
Navarro-Krupka will be remembered as someone who included and welcomed everyone and has made an everlasting impact on those at UW-Platteville.