New Option for Online UW Programs

image courtesy of WQOW.com

The Universities of Wisconsin launched a new portal to help prospective online degree-seeking students called Wisconsin Online.
Wisconsin Online combines online programs from all 13 UW campuses, over 200 programs in total, including associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate programs.
“This new website makes it easier than ever for Wisconsinites to find an online degree program suitable to their needs,” Universities of Wisconsin President Jay Rothman said in a press release announcing the website.
Users can filter programs by degree type, program speed, area of interest and campus. When viewing a program, users are able see cost, credit-load and type of degree clearly displayed as well as descriptions for both the program and university.
Users can also directly access applications from the program pages.
Aside from showing prospective students potential degree programs, the website also helps users by laying out the steps for applying, informing users about the availability of financial aid on a federal, state and university level, as well as linking directly to Transferology, the website the Universities of Wisconsin uses to show how course credits transfer between campuses.
Prospective students can also find resources to aid them in online learning.
These resources include guides and tips for online learning as well as a list of things online students should have available. Wisconsin Online also has a support section for students, highlighting the resources they have available as an UW student, which include career planning and well-being resources.
There are currently about 18,000 online students in the UW System which makes up approximately 11% of the Universities of Wisconsin’s student body.
Previously, the only way to compare programs was to pull up each website individually, a process that could be long and complicated.
The UW System hopes that by streamlining the process and creating an all-in-one website they will see an increase in online applicants in the future.