Reynolds Wins Provost in Vice Chancellor Race

image courtesy of UW-Platteville

Chancellor Dr. Tammy Evetovich announced the new Academic Affairs Provost and Vice Chancellor to be Dr. Laura Reynolds on Feb. 8.
In a statement released to campus Evetovich stated, “I am pleased to welcome Dr. Reynolds to UW-Platteville … She clearly has a strong understanding of, and commitment to, the role of a regional public comprehensive university and the students we serve. Her passion for this work, leadership and expertise will be of tremendous value to our institution.”
Reynolds was one of the four candidates running for the position, running with Mary Black, Scott Billingsley (Ph.D.), and Patrick Pease (Ph.D.)
“I am thrilled to join the UW-Platteville campus and am incredibly impressed with the strength of the faculty and staff, the investment in student success, and strong relationship with the community and region,” Reynolds stated in a campus press release.
As mentioned in the Exponent issue from Feb. 7, “Reynolds received her bachelors in Geography, Russian and Political Science in 1989 at Michigan State, her masters in American History in 1991 at Midwestern State University-Texas and her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology and Research Methodology in 2007 at the University of South Carolina.”
Reynolds begins on May 15.