Exponent Brings Home Awards

Hack’s first place winning feature photo.

The Wisconsin Newspaper Association hosted their annual Collegiate Better Newspaper Awards Ceremony on March 15 at the Governor’s Concourse Hotel, Madison, WI. Three Exponent members won two awards in the photography and website divisions.
There was a total of 194 entries submitted between private and public colleges in Wisconsin. A complete list of categories can be found on the WNA foundation website.
Chief Photo Editor, Ethan Hack, won first place for the feature photo entry from issue Dec. 7, 2023. Hack joined the Exponent in spring 2023 as the elected Chief Photo Editor.
Social Media Manager Nat Poeschel and Exponent Alumni Veronica Hausser won honorable mention for the Exponent website.
The website had been created in fall 2021 by Liz Dustman and is maintained by Poeschel and Hausser.
Hausser joined the Exponent as a volunteer in fall 2021 and later was elected as Social Media Manager in spring 2022. She has since graduated in fall 2023.
Poeschel joined the Exponent in fall 2023 as the elected Social Media Manager following Hausser.
The WNA holds their contests for Wisconsin high schools, colleges and local newspapers annually. The Exponent has remained inactive in this contest for over five years.
The Exponent is very proud of our staff members for bringing home awards for the first time in years.
We would like to thank our community for supporting us in our content and hope to bring more awards to UW-Platteville next year! Check out more of our content (and our award- winning website) at www.uwpexponent.com