UWP New Athletic Director

image courtesy of LinkedIn
image courtesy of LinkedIn

Open forums for a new athletic director for UW-Platteville began on March 4 and ended on March 18, as the university announced Michael Knipe as the new athletic director effective May 13.
Knipe earned his Bachelors in Sports Management at North Central University, Graduates in Sport Industry management at Georgetown University and a Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in leadership at university of Northwestern-St. Paul.
Currently, Knipe works as the Deputy Director of Athletics at Fort Lewis College, which is a NCAA Division II athletic school with 16 varsity sports.
At North Central University, he was the director of Athletics, Associate Athletic Director, Head Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Cross-Country Coach, to name a few of his titles he has gained in his experience.
In a press release from UW-Platteville, Knipe said, “This is such a momentous time to join UW-Platteville Athletics as we remain focused on graduating champions in the classroom, competition and community … I am thankful to Chancellor Evetovich and the entire search committee for allowing me the opportunity to lead our Pioneers. I would also like to publicly acknowledge my predecessor, Dr. Kristina Navarro-Krupka. Dr. Navarro-Krupka left a legacy that many can only dream of and very few ever achieve. She and her family will always be beloved members of the Pioneer community.” Navarro-Krupka passed in Nov. 2023 and served as Athletic Director for UW-Platteville for four years.
According to the press release, Paul Erickson will continue being the Interim Athletic Director until Knipe steps into the role on May 13.