CPR Monster Mash dance draws creativity

On Oct. 27, Campus Programming and Relations hosted a Halloween-themed Monster Mash dance. CIA agents, vampires and even Mitt Romney made an appearance. Ali Sieling, a CPR event producer, was pleased with the turnout for the dance.
“We had a very good turnout and very interesting costumes as well,” Sieling said.
CPR aims to host a dance every semester and enjoys working with other student organizations to host the event.
“Last year we co-sponsored this Halloween dance with the swing club for the Masquerade Ball,” Sieling said. “This year we decided to have two separate dances, but Swing Club is still hosting their Masquerade Ball.”
The Pagans of Platteville were a new addition to the dance this year and offered tarot card and palm readings to the guests of the dance.
“I hope that we can have them come again to the dance next year,” said Sieling.
Competitions were held for best costume and best jack-o’-lantern. In the costume contestJack Sparrow from “Pirates of the Caribbean” placed first, a flapper girl from the 1920’s placed second and Pioneer Pete placed third. On Oct. 26, CPR hosted a pumpkin carving contest and those who participated had their pumpkins voted on throughout the night. Janissa Delgado’s pumpkin with a carving of an owl won, and another pumpkin with a carving of Pioneer Pete won second place.
Angie O’Brien, a sophomore criminal justice major, attended the dance with a group of friends and said she had a great time.
“I liked dancing and seeing my friends and everyone else dressed up in crazy costumes,” O’Brien said. “It was neat to see the pumpkins that were carved and able to vote on a winning one.”