Stand Up Saturday rolls in on a Friday

Nearly 400 students, staff, friends and family members gathered for the performance of comedian Adam Grabowski at the Pioneer Crossing at 8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 2. Campus Programming and Relations organized this free event for University of Wisconsin-Platteville’s Family Weekend.
Grabowski has become a well-known throughout the college populations within the United States. However, when Grabowski mentioned his home state of Illinois to the audience, some felt as though his performance could be arduous because Illinois is one of Wisconsin’s rivalry states.
“I was kind of anxious to hear what types of jokes he was going to come up with because he’s from Illinois and most of us are from Wisconsin. So the pressure was on him for sure,” Grace Yorton, senior business administration major, said.
Grabowski seemed aware of this pressure and began his jokes by making fun of Iowa and Illinois. The volume of laughter rose as he continued. With the subjects of his jokes ranging from Bath and Body Works to Disney movies and ‘why we were all conceived’ to his parody of Carly Jepsen’s song, “Call Me Maybe,” he received approval from the audience.
“His jokes were so funny,” Dustin Laabs, senior manufacture technologies management major, said. “He had me at ‘I’m a Packers fan.’”
The event ended around 9 p.m. and it was safe to say that it was a successful evening for CPR’s Stand Up Comedian. The continuous buzzing about the unforgettable performance left attendees with smiles.
“His jokes about the Little Mermaid were my favorite parts,” Amanda Mathison, senior communication technology major, said. “I hope CPR keeps sponsoring these kinds of events.”
Check out the UW-Platteville website for more information on UW-Platteville’s upcoming events on campus.