A capella group to perform at UW-P

The a cappella group Traces will perform  at 7 p.m.  Tuesday, Feb. 26 in the Pioneer Crossing, located in the Markee Pioneer Student Center.

Traces, which consists of five African American women, has performed nationally and internationally and was the first all-female group to win the Harmony Sweepstakes A Cappella Competition, said Samantha Way, the Campus Programming and Relations event producer in charge of promotions for this event.

Way also said Traces is working on its second album, and the members perform different genres including gospel, rock and African music.

A movie will be shown before their performance, thanks to Janissa Delgado, the event administrator.

“Beforehand, there will be a showing of the new movie, ‘Pitch Perfect,’ at 5 p.m. to get people in the aca-mood,” CPR representative Holly Sutcliffe said.

During that time popcorn and juice will be served.

After the movie, Traces will perform and hors d’oeuvres will be served to set a more classy mood for the evening, Sutcliffe said.  Music by Traces will be played around campus in the days leading up to the event as a sneak preview.

The performance will be free of charge for students.

“You’re not going to be doing homework on a Tuesday night anyway,” Way said.  “You’re going to be watching “Pitch Perfect” in your room.  You might as well come get popcorn.”

For more information on this and other CPR events visit reslife.saf.uwplatt.edu/cpr.

Submitted Photo