Students create new business plans at workshops

The second Business Planning Workshop was held March 12 in the Markee Pioneer Student Center.

Roughly 25 students attended the interactive workshop, where they networked with professionals in the business industry.

Brock Waterman, owner of Fundunity LLC., said he enjoys being a resource for students and that he thinks it is a great opportunity for the students as well.

Waterman said he was impressed at how many students went above and beyond their curriculum to learn more about starting their own business.

Sarah Schultz, business administration major with marketing and entrepreneurship emphases, said she wants to own her own bakery that specializes in wedding cakes sometime in the near future.

“I attended the first workshop as well, and it was very beneficial,” Schultz said.  “I took away a lot of good pointers on how to write a business plan.”

Christine Reynolds, business administration major with marketing and entrepreneurship emphases, attended the events because she wanted to know more about making a business plan. Reynolds has attended other events put on by the Entrepreneurship program including Meet N’ Eat with an Entrepreneur and past workshops.

The Business Planning Workshops lead up to the Business Plan Competition at 5 p.m., April 17 in the Markee Pioneer Student Center.

Students from all majors can enter a business plan and present the plan to a panel of judges to compete for money prizes.  The prizes for first place is $1,000, second place is $750 and third place is $500.