Students play bingo for food

Free and food, when combined, are music to a college students’ ears.

Towards the end of the semester, students tend to run low on food supplies, meal plans and points which is why Campus Programming and Relations hosts its grocery bingo game.

Students who attended Grocery Bingo in the Pioneer Crossing at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Tuesday night played to win food and drink prizes that ranged from a giant jar of pickles to a 24 pack of soda.

Jenna Laposki, sophomore psychology major, won twice during the event picking out a carton of Goldfish and a box of Teddygrahm cookies.

“I attended the event with my sorority sisters just to go out and do something fun for the night” Laposki said. “I would attend again, it was a fun night and you can win some free food, what more could you want?”

The game’s atmosphere was complete with music playing in the background and interactions between the crowd and Bingo announcers. All who attended seemed to have a great time playing with friends and getting their game faces on.

“I enjoyed the time I got to spend with my friends” Alyssa Whiteaker, freshman industrial engineering major, said. “I definitely think this is a good event to have on campus because CPR is giving students something that everyone can use.”

Samantha Way, sophomore media studies major and event producer for CPR, was in charge of coordinating Grocery Bingo.

“I would love for this to be a bigger event and have a larger amount of people attend, so next year we will be looking into more promotion ideas,” Way said. “I can’t see students not wanting to participate in an event that gives them free food.”