Sports in Brief

Cross named Fourth Team All-American

Chas Cross, the junior center of the University of Wiscosnin-Platteville men’s basketball team, was named to the D3hoops.com Fourth Team All-American squad March 29. This adds to the bevy of post-season awards Cross has received including All-West Region honors from D3hoops.com and the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

EWB hosting color run

The University of Wisconsin-Platteville chapter of Engineers without Borders is putting on a five-kilometer color run at 8 a.m. Saturday, April 20. The run will benefit UW-Platteville’s EWB chapter’s projects in Ghana, Africa that included construction of an elementary school as well as improving the intrastructure of areas of Ghana. The color run will cost $15 per person, or $10 per person in groups of 10 or more. Participants are asked to wear white, as colored powder will be thrown as runners as part of the event. Tickets can be purchased at the Markee Pioneer Student Center Monday through Friday beginning April 2.

PSAAC to play dodgeballl for charity

The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Pioneer Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is hosting a dodgeball tournament to benefit the Special Olympics at 11 a.m. April 20. Teams of six or fewer  must pay $5 per player and will need to submit rosters and signed waivers to PSAAC Co-Advisor Ryan Munz in the football offices of the Pioneer Activity Center. Those interested can contact Brian Johnson ([email protected]) for waiver and roster forms.

Athletics wears pink for Relay for Life

The Pioneer Athletics Department will being participating in a pink-out day today in the lead-up to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Relay for Life event  April 19-20. All the profits earned from the sale of $10 pink T-shirts in March will go to the Grant County Relay for Life.