Class AA Nationals

The University of Wisconsin-Platteville paintball club took first place in the Class AA national tournament in Florida.had this to say about his experience at nationals,

”It feels great to have a record,” club member and elementary edu­cation major Ben Kisling said. “We are the first college team to win the series point championships and the national tournament since col­lege paintball started. I have won a national tournament before in Dal­las, Texas, for a different league, and this means more because it was with some of my closest friends.”

Kisling also said that being a part of the club has been a wonderful experience for him.

“We are a tight group,” Kisling said. “(My teammates) gave me a sense of connection with UW-Platteville that I don’t know if I would have found without them.”

The club started as a way for paintball enthusiasts to connect and talk about paintball. However, it has turned into much more for the members. Member Ryan McCord, freshman criminal justice major, also had nothing but good things to say about his experience at Na­tionals.

“Few people can call themselves National Champions, and it’s an amazing title to hold,” McCord said. “I hope that winning Nationals this year can help grow our club for the future and continue our success next year. Being a part of the team has had nothing less than a positive impact on my school life at Platteville. It’s a great feeling to a part of a team or group, and I have the highest intentions of being a part of it throughout my years here at UW-Platteville.”

Club president Phil Paque, business major, said that the club mem­bers have grown into a family.

“Being part of the paintball club made my Platteville experience way better,” Paque said. “I’ve met so many people from all over the country through the club and have become great friends with many of them. Being part of the club gave me something to look forward to doing at night and weekends. Our club likes to do things like a family, and we all joke around with each other.”

Many of the members mentioned a need for a trophy case as the team continues to improve and to win; the accolades and trophies have begun to pile up.

For more information about the paintball club and how you can join, contact club president Phil Paque at [email protected].