Eastwood’s speech politically inappropriate

Clint Eastwood’s speech was humorous and entertaining.

And that’s exactly what was inappropriate about it.

The lines that separate politics and entertainment became muddled when Clint Eastwood’s speech at the Republican National Convention made audience members cheer and laugh wildly.

The speech was not ill-prepared or flawed in any part. Eastwood is an actor, a truly great actor, but simply put, he is just that.

A Washington Post writer even went on to emphasize that Eastwood was a celebrity, not a Politician.

“Because Eastwood is a creature of Hollywood not Washington, judging him by inside-the-Beltway standards is a mistake,”   Chris Cillizza, writer, said. “But, this was not a film. This was a speech at a national party convention. So, shouldn’t the speakers at that convention — no matter what line of work they do in their day jobs — be judged by the standards of a major political event?”

Eastwood even later confessed that his speech was not aimed for the right sided.

“I may have irritated a lot of lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle,” Eastwood told the New York Daily News.

Regardless of which side Eastwood meant to take, politicians should not have to entertain their voters and sway the undecided with A-list celebrities on their campaign roster. Politicians should be enough of a sway on their own. Featuring Eastwood at the RNC is a sign of desperation on the Republican Party’s side, a clear sign of vain, hollow politicking.

“The vanity of Hollywood does not mix well with the work that should be done by policymakers,” Calvin Wolf, CNN commentator, wrote. “If you’re in Congress or in the White House, avoid the temptation to hobnob with those who deal in vanity. Yes, they may make you appear more exciting or make your campaign events more popular. In the end, though, they cheapen your work.”

Cheap that stinks of five-dollar eau-de-designer knockoff cologne. Romney followers should wonder what he has to cover up with comedy at the convention that sent him on his way to the Presidential election.

It’s like Brett Favre when he played for the Vikings; one star can’t cover up a bad team.

(A side note before I receive Letters to the Editor about my “political views”: 

I, publically, plan to not vote for the figurehead known as the President of our country. I find our Congressmen and women more important of a focus, as they write the very policies of our country.)